Thank you for giving Shleppers Moving & Storage the opportunity to handle your move. Here are the details of the service agreement. Please confirm everything is correct and esign at the bottom to submit your order for service.
(2) Disassembly and reassembly of standard furniture items.
(3) Wrapping and protecting all furniture in moving blankets for transport.
(4) NO ADDITIONAL charge for the use of standard moving equipment (dollies, piano boards, blankets, etc)
(5) Shleppers will unwrap the furniture and SET UP THE FURNITURE in your desired rooms at your destination.
(6) FREE WARDROBE box rentals to transport the contents of your closets. These are terrific and make the move go faster!
(7) COMPLIMENTARY Mail and Utility Bill forwarding (so you don't have to waste time going to the post office and calling all your utility companies).
Please Note: All items must be properly packaged, or they will not be moved. Shleppers reserves the right to re-pack any item not correctly packed by the customer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) Hourly Rate: The price quote herein reflects the base price per hour and minimum billable hours for your truck(s) and crew.
2) Driving Time: The drive time from origin to destination will be charged double time at the same rate per hour listed above, in accordance with the CPUC MAX 4 Tariff.
3) Payment Terms: To reserve your move, Shleppers requires a $100 deposit. The balance is due before unloading. We can accept cash, postal money orders, or certified funds. We also accept all major credit cards if the card is present. If services are rendered to you pursuant to this agreement and payment is made by you (or your authorized payor) with a credit card or other reversible payment methods, you agree not to chargeback the payment with your credit card company under any circumstance and to agree to our Dispute Settlement Program. You further agree and grant that if you violate this policy, you shall be liable to Shleppers Moving & Storage for an amount equal to twice all the costs associated with your move, plus all legal expenses and collection costs incurred by Shleppers to collect from you.
4) Move Date: Shleppers Moving & Storage guarantees your move date. A dispatcher will call you the day prior to the move and provide you with an estimated arrival time of your moving crew. Please note that there are countless factors, many beyond our control, which determine the actual arrival time of your crew. Accordingly, arrival times are provided as guidance and not guaranteed.
5) Maximum Rates: All rates are subject to PUC Max 4 tariffs. The copy of the Tariff is available for review in our office.
6) Insurance coverage: Standard Valuation Coverage of $0.60 per pound/article is provided to you at no additional cost. Full value replacement insurance is available and must be purchased at least two days prior to your move date. This can be purchased from Shleppers Moving & Storage directly, or through third party providers such as Baker Insurance or MovingInsurance.com.
7) Hazardous Materials: Never pack combustible liquids, corrosives, explosives, flammables and compressed gases, or other dangerous articles that include but are not limited to colon alcohol, motor oils, antifreeze compounds, acids, drain cleaner, photographic acids, bleach, batteries, water purifying agents used in swimming pools, fireworks, Small Arms ammunition, flash bulbs, lighter fluid, matches, wood oil stains, petrochemical based Garden sprays, paint or varnish, butane, Propane tanks, gasoline, signal flares, charcoal briquettes, aerosol cans, scuba diving tanks.
8) Disclaimer: This information provided to Shleppers Moving & Storage by you is the basis for the agreement for moving services contained herein. All agreements between the customer and the company are presented to you in writing, and we do not make any verbal agreements. Please make sure any agreement with your sales representative is written on this estimate, otherwise it will not be honored.
9) Cancellation Policy: Customers are responsible for notifying Shleppers of any changes or cancellations at least 72 hours prior to the first schedule point of the move or your deposit will be forfeited. A cancellation is not considered valid without an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any cancellation within 48 hours of the first schedule point will be subject to a cancellation fee of 20% of the estimated move price or $200, whichever is greater. Cancellations within 24 hours of your move are subject to a fee of 50% of the estimated move price.
10) Integration: These Terms & Conditions contain the entire understanding and agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous promises, negotiations, representations, or agreements, whether oral or written, with respect to the subject matter hereof. No customer notes may contradict any of the terms and conditions herein, and if there are conflicts between the customer notes and the Terms & Conditions, the customer notes shall be considered invalid and shall be superseded by these Terms & Conditions. This agreement may not be modified except in writing and if signed by both parties.
11) Summary of Dispute Settlement Program: We participate in a neutral arbitration program designed to give neither the carrier nor the shipper any special advantage. If a dispute arises between the carrier and the shipper Arbitration may be a mutually beneficial alternative to help resolve the dispute. Our arbitration process is a ‘desk’ arbitration, so it is conducted completely by mail. The arbitration is conducted by a neutral 3rd party organization. A. Applicable costs: Each party is responsible for their own costs associated with arbitration. Each party is responsible for 50% of the costs associated with securing the arbitrator which is $300 so each half is $150 and each party is responsible for 100% of their own expenses, if any, including attorney fees if you need to hire one but it is not required.
B. Legal effects: If the arbitration alternative is chosen, then any decision made by the arbitrator is binding.
12) Claims: If you suffer loss or damages during your shipment, for any reason, you may file a claim by contacting our customer service department. Please send your claim request to email@example.com, or call to be assisted over the phone.
13) Governing Law, Jurisdiction, & Venue: This Contract shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California. You agree and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California for all purposes regarding this Contract and further agree and consent that the venue of any action brought hereunder shall be exclusively in the County of Los Angeles.
14) Incidental Damage to Residential Property: The contract and or tariff states that the carrier cannot be held liable or negligent for any damage to the interior or exterior of any residence including, but not limited to walls, floors, ceilings, landscaping, etc. This is known as incidental damage and is supported by Federal guidelines that the shipper should take reasonable precautions with their floors and walls to prevent incidental damage by the movers. It is the responsibility of the shipper not the moving company to take all necessary and prudent precautions to protect any flooring or walls that they feel may sustain damage in the ordinary course of a move.
15) Storage: Storage is billed at $0.70 per cubic foot per month with a minimum monthly charge of $150. Storage fees are due and payable on the first of every month and automatically billed to the card we have on file.
Shleppers requires a valid credit card and a $100 deposit for each move.