DOT: 2306227, MC: 787354, PUC:190959
Shipper is requested to read this document carefully, including the Terms and Conditions before signing, and to ask for an explanation of anything not clear or inconsistent with any previous representations. This document confirms the shipper's understanding of the terms and conditions and services outlined herein.
Explanation=C, Packing=P, L=Loading, D=Driving, UL=Unloading, UP=Unpacking, X=Time Out
# of Movers:
Date: Move Date
Not to Exceed:
Additional Pickup Address:
Additional Delivery Address:
Important Information Booklet: In accordance with the rules of the Bureau of Household Goods and Services, before your move, the Mover is required to ensure you have been given the booklet, “Important Information for Persons Moving Household Goods”. You may choose not to receive a booklet from this mover if you previously received one from another source by initialing below.
I have received the Important Information Booklet:
Issuance of Agreement for Moving Services:
The BHGS requires that an “Agreement for Moving Services” be issued to you by the mover three days or more in advance of the move. An exception to this requirement is where or when the arrangement to move occurs on short notice (less than 3 days). You may also choose to waive this agreement entirely, at any time prior to the move.
I have either been provided with an Agreement for Moving Services in compliance with the paragraph above, or waive the requirement:
Declaration of Items of Exceptional Value (list items, their quantity, and value):
Delivery Instructions: Additional charges for storage, extra handling and transportation will accrue if Goods Not accepted at destination.
Valuation Declaration: This job is being performed with standard Valuation Declaration of $0.60/lb/article (sixty cents per pound per article.). This coverage is provided at no additional charge.
CUSTOMER AGREES THAT TITLE TO ALL PACKING MATERIALS AND OTHER PROPERTY SOLD TO CUSTOMER PASSES TO CUSTOMER PRIOR TO THE TRANSPORTATION OF SUCH PROPERTY THE CUSTOMER BY CARRIER.
1) Hourly Rate: The price quote herein reflects the base price per hour and minimum billable hours for your truck(s) and crew.
2) Driving Time: The drive time from origin to destination will be charged double time at the same rate per hour listed above, in accordance with the CPUC MAX 4 Tariff.
3) Payment Terms: To reserve your move, Shleppers requires a $100 deposit. The balance is due before unloading. We can accept cash, postal money orders, or certified funds. We also accept all major credit cards if the card is present. If services are rendered to you pursuant to this agreement and payment is made by you (or your authorized payor) with a credit card or other reversible payment methods, you agree not to chargeback the payment with your credit card company under any circumstance and to agree to our Dispute Settlement Program. You further agree and grant that if you violate this policy, you shall be liable to Shleppers Moving & Storage for an amount equal to twice all the costs associated with your move, plus all legal expenses and collection costs incurred by Shleppers to collect from you.
4) Move Date: The date for your move is shown above. Prior to the move date we will provide you with an estimated arrival time of your moving crew. Please note that there are countless factors, many beyond our control, which determine the actual arrival time of your crew. Accordingly, arrival times are provided as guidance and not guaranteed.
5) Maximum Rates: All rates are subject to PUC Max 4 tariffs. The copy of the Tariff is available for review in our office.
6) Insurance coverage: Standard Valuation Coverage of $0.60 per pound/article is provided to you at no additional cost. Full value replacement insurance is available and must be purchased at least two days prior to your move date. This can be purchased from Shleppers Moving & Storage directly, or through third party providers such as Baker Insurance or MovingInsurance.com.
7) Hazardous Materials, Jewelry, Cash, Documents: Never pack combustible liquids, corrosives, explosives, flammables and compressed gasses, or other dangerous articles that include but are not limited to colon alcohol, motor oils, antifreeze compounds, acids, drain cleaner, photographic acids, bleach, batteries, water purifying agents used in swimming pools, fireworks, Small Arms ammunition, flash bulbs, lighter fluid, matches, wood oil stains, petrochemical based Garden sprays, paint or varnish, butane, Propane tanks, gasoline, signal flares, charcoal briquettes, aerosol cans, scuba diving tanks. Shleppers will not carry and/or be liable, in any way, for the loss or damage to currency, precious stones, documents, stamps, securities, or jewelry. The customer should separately move items of extraordinary value.
8) Disclaimer: This information provided to Shleppers Moving & Storage by you is the basis for the agreement for moving services contained herein. All agreements between the customer and the company are presented to you in writing, and we do not make any verbal agreements. Please make sure any agreement with your sales representative is written on this estimate, otherwise it will not be honored.
9) Cancellation Policy: Customers are responsible for notifying Shleppers of any changes or cancellations at least 72 hours prior to the first schedule point of the move or your deposit will be forfeited. A cancellation is not considered valid without an email to email@example.com. Any cancellation within 48 hours of the first schedule point will be subject to a cancellation fee of 20% of the estimated move price or $200, whichever is greater. Cancellations within 24 hours of your move are subject to a fee of 50% of the estimated move price or $350, whichever is higher.
10) Integration: These Terms & Conditions contain the entire understanding and agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous promises, negotiations, representations, or agreements, whether oral or written, with respect to the subject matter hereof. No customer notes may contradict any of the terms and conditions herein, and if there are conflicts between the customer notes and the Terms & Conditions, the customer notes shall be considered invalid and shall be superseded by these Terms & Conditions. This agreement may not be modified except in writing and if signed by both parties.
11) Summary of Dispute Settlement Program: We participate in a neutral arbitration program designed to give neither the carrier nor the shipper any special advantage. If a dispute arises between the carrier and the shipper, Arbitration may be a mutually beneficial alternative to help resolve the dispute and is mandatory under this agreement prior to taking legal action of any kind. Our arbitration process is a ‘desk’ arbitration, so it is conducted completely by mail. The arbitration is conducted by a neutral 3rd party organization. A. Applicable costs: Each party is responsible for their own costs associated with arbitration. Each party is responsible for 50% of the costs associated with securing the arbitrator which is $300 so each half is $150 and each party is responsible for 100% of its own expenses, if any. No legal action may be taken by shipper without first engaging in this mandatory arbitration process. Any decision made by the arbitrator is binding.
12) Claims: If you suffer loss or damage during your shipment, for any reason, you may file a claim by contacting our customer service department. Please send your claim request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call to be assisted over the phone. Items of extraordinary value may not be shipped without being declared. Shleppers Moving & Storage will not be responsible, in any way, for claims of loss, or losses, regarding Jewelry, Currency, Cash, Stamps, Precious Stones, Stamps, or anything of this nature. Any items of extreme value should be moved by the shipper and otherwise secured.
13) Governing Law, Jurisdiction, & Venue: This Contract shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California. You agree and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California for all purposes regarding this Contract and further agree and consent that the venue of any action brought hereunder shall be exclusively in the County of Los Angeles.
14) Incidental Damage to Residential Property: The contract and or tariff states that the carrier cannot be held liable or negligent for any damage to the interior or exterior of any residence including, but not limited to walls, floors, ceilings, landscaping, etc. This is known as incidental damage and is supported by Federal guidelines that the shipper should take reasonable precautions with their floors and walls to prevent incidental damage by the movers. It is the responsibility of the shipper not the moving company to take all necessary and prudent precautions to protect any flooring or walls that they feel may sustain damage in the ordinary course of a move.
15) Severability: In case any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby and such provision shall be ineffective only to the extent of such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability.
16) Storage: Storage is billed at $0.50 per cubic foot per month with a minimum monthly charge of $150. Storage fees are due and payable on the first of every month and automatically billed to the card we have on file.
Shleppers requires a valid credit card and a $100 deposit for each move.
The quoted rates are believed to be in accordance with the rates prescribed by the Bureau of Household Goods and Services as published in its Maximum Rate Tariff 4 and are to be applied to the number of hours involved in providing service, to the actual weight, or to the actual number of other units of measures, subject to the designated minimum provisions, unless in conflict with the rates and regulations of that tariff. Copies of the tariff are open for public inspection at the Bureau's offices in Sacramento and at the offices of the carrier shown on this document.
Unless it is specifically and clearly indicated in the Agreement For Service, the NOT TO EXCEED PRICE does not include charges for any accessorial services which may be requested and provided or for which rates are provided in Maximum Rate Tariff 4. That means that unless it is specifically and clearly stated, the NOT TO EXCEED PRICE does not include charges for service including but not limited to appliance servicing, disassembly or reassembly of articles, flight or long carry charges, rigging, hoisting, lowering or elevator charges, shuttle charges, light and bulky article charges, split pick-up and/or delivery charges, storage-in-transit or storage-in transit transportation charges from storage to point of destination, or charges resulting from a failure of shipper to accept delivery as arranged.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NOTE1. Liability shall be provided for firearms legally acceptable under the Federal Gun Control Act of 1968, provided that shipper furnishes to the carrier the caliber, make, and serial number of such firearms and that such firearms are packed by carrier at shipper's expense at charges not more than those shown in Maximum Rate Tariff 4.
NOTE 2. Includes gold, silver, currencies of any kind or amount, and platinum household articles such as silverware, coffee-service sets, trays, candlesticks, and dishes.
NOTICE: PLEASE INSPECT YOUR GOODS PROMPTLY. CLAIMS FOR ANY LOST OR DAMAGED GOODS MUST BE FILED WITH THE MOVER IN WRITING.
CUSTOMER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT THE PROPERTY CONSISTS OF HOUSEHOLD GOODS ONLY AND THAT NO COMBUSTIBLE OR INFLAMMABLE MATERIAL IS INCLUDED.
It is agreed that this document, which includes all of the terms and conditions contained herein, shall be binding or valid, provided, however, that in case of storage in transit, the Warehouse Receipt when issued shall, unless objected to by me within Fifteen !15) days from the mailing ore receipt thereof, constitute the contract of storage between us, and provided further that in case of shipment ,including storage in transit, the Bill of Lading unless objection is made by me at time of issuance there of shall constitute the contract of shipment. All deliveries are C.O.D., unless otherwise clearly specified.
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Your email address
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Job Commencement: Local BINDING PRICE (Stand Alone)
Agree & Sign