Shipper is requested to read this document carefully, including the Terms and Conditions before signing, and to ask for an explanation of anything not clear or inconsistent with any previous representations. This document confirms the shipper's understanding of the terms and conditions and services outlined herein.
Explanation=C, Packing=P, L=Loading, D=Driving, UL=Unloading, UP=Unpacking, X=Time Out
Job #: # of Movers: Date: Start Time:
Additional Pickup Address:
Additional Delivery Address:
Important Information Booklet: In accordance with the rules of the Bureau of Household Goods and Services, before your move, the Mover is required to ensure you have been given the booklet, “Important Information for Persons Moving Household Goods”. You may choose not to receive a booklet from this mover if you previously received one from another source by initialing below.
I have received the Important Information Booklet:
Issuance of Agreement for Moving Services:
The BHGS requires that an “Agreement for Moving Services” be issued to you by the mover three days or more in advance of the move. An exception to this requirement is where or when the arrangement to move occurs on short notice (less than 3 days). You may also choose to waive this agreement entirely, at any time prior to the move.
I have either been provided with an Agreement for Moving Services in compliance with the paragraph above, or waive the requirement:
Declaration of Items of Exceptional Value (list items, their quantity, and value):
Delivery Instructions: Additional charges for storage, extra handling and transportation will accrue if Goods Not accepted at destination.
Valuation Declaration: This job is being performed with standard Valuation Declaration of $0.60/lb/article (sixty cents per pound per article.). This coverage is provided at no additional charge.
CUSTOMER AGREES THAT TITLE TO ALL PACKING MATERIALS AND OTHER PROPERTY SOLD TO CUSTOMER PASSES TO CUSTOMER PRIOR TO THE TRANSPORTATION OF SUCH PROPERTY THE CUSTOMER BY CARRIER.
1) Valuation Coverage & Insurance Options for Your Move:
A. Included Coverage: Included in your Move Price--at no extra charge to you--is coverage for loss and property damage of your household goods at a maximum of 60 cents ($0.60) PER POUND PER ARTICLE.
B. Extended Coverage: You may elect to purchase additional valuation coverage through third party coverage providers such as Baker Insurance and MovingInsurance.com.
2) Payment Policy: A $100 deposit is charged upon booking, which is applied to your total job price. Your credit card will automatically be charged in the morning of your move for the balance of your estimate. Shleppers Moving & Storage charges a 3.5% processing fee for all payments made by electronic payment or credit card. You may also pay with cash or other certified funds. In the event that services are rendered to you pursuant to this agreement and payment is made by you (or your authorized payor) with a credit card, you agree not to chargeback the payment with your credit card company under any circumstance and to agree to our Dispute Settlement Program. You further argree and grant that if you violate this policy, you shall be liable to Shleppers Moving & Storage for an amount equal to twice all of the costs associated with your move, plus any and all legal expenses and collection costs incurred by Shleppers to collect from you.
3) Cancellation Policy: Customers are responsible for notifying Shleppers of any changes or cancellations at least 72 hours prior to the first schedule point of the move or your deposit will be forfeited. A cancellation is not considered valid without an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any cancellation within 48 hours of the first schedule point will be subject to a cancellation fee of 20% of the estimated move price or $200, whichever is greater. Cancellations within 24 hours of your move are subject to a fee of 50% of the estimated move price.
4) Adjustments to the Move Price: The quote that you received is a binding price based on the items and services that you have chosen. However, if you add additional items and/or services either before or during the move, then the price is subject to change.
5) Not to Exceed:IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ONLY AGREE TO A “NOT TO EXCEED” AMOUNT THAT YOU THINK IS A PROPER AND REASONABLE FEE FOR THE SERVICES YOU ARE REQUESTING. THE “NOT TO EXCEED” AMOUNT THIS MOVER IS REQUESTING, SHOWN ON THIS QUOTE AND AGREED TO BY YOUR ACCEPTANCE BELOW, TO PERFORM THE FOLLOWING SERVICES: PACK, LOAD, UNLOAD, AND UNPACK YOUR HOUSEHOLD GOOD, WITH STORAGE IN BETWEEN MOVING FROM YOUR ORIGIN TO YOUR DESTINATION(S) AS DESCRIBED HEREIN IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE “NOT TO EXCEED” AMOUNT LISTED OR THE DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE THE MOVERS SERVICE AT NO CHARGE TO YOU.
6) Summary of Dispute Settlement Program: We participate in a neutral arbitration program designed to give neither the carrier nor the shipper any special advantage. If a dispute arises between the carrier and the shipper Arbitration may be a mutually beneficial alternative to help resolve the dispute. Our arbitration process is a ‘desk’ arbitration so it is conducted completely by mail. The arbitration is conducted by a neutral 3rd party organization. A. Applicable costs: Each party is responsible for their own costs associated with arbitration. Each party is responsible for 50% of the costs associated with securing the arbitrator which is $300 so each half is $150 and each party is responsible for 100% of their own expenses, if any, including attorney fees if you need to hire one but it is not required. B. Legal effects: If the arbitration alternative is chosen, then any decision made by the arbitrator is binding.
7) Claims: In the event that you suffer loss or damages during your shipment, you may file a claim by contacting our customer service department. Please send your claim request to email@example.com, or call to be assisted over the phone.
8) Integration: These Terms & Conditions contain the entire understanding and agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous promises, negotiations, representations, or agreements, whether oral or written, with respect to the subject matter hereof. No customer notes may contradict any of the terms and conditions herein, and if there are conflicts between the customer notes and the Terms & Conditions, the customer notes shall be considered invalid and shall be superseded by these Terms & Conditions. This agreement may not be modified except in writing and if signed by both parties.
9) Incidental Damage to Residential Property: The contract and or tariff states that the carrier cannot be held liable or negligent for any damage to the interior or exterior of any residence including, but not limited to walls, floors, ceilings, landscaping, etc. This is known as incidental damage and is supported by Federal guidelines that the shipper should take reasonable precautions with their floors and walls to prevent incidental damage by the movers. It is the responsibility of the shipper not the moving company to take all necessary and prudent precautions to protect any flooring or walls that they feel may sustain damage in the ordinary course of a move.
10) Chargeback Abuse: If payment is made by credit card, you hereby agree not to do a chargeback of any payments, and to abide by the dispute resolution programs outlined below. Service complaints, shipment delays, and lost or damaged items are expressly waived as valid reasons for a chargeback. A chargeback shall be considered a breach of this agreement, and you agree to be liable for any outstanding amounts due to Shleppers Moving & Storage in addition to any collection costs the company may incur collecting any balances due, including legal fees, credit card fees, and the time of our employees and owners spent on the matter, as determined at our discretion and in good faith, but not to be less than $500. You also authorize Shleppers Moving & Storage to report your personal information to a database of chargeback abusers, which may affect your credit.
11) Storage Charges: For all long distance moves, Shleppers provides one month of free storage at one of our facilities. If you require additional storage beyond this complimentary period, you will be billed at a rate of .70 cents per cubic foot/month. Storage is due and billed on the first day of each month. Any unpaid storage balances are assessed a 5% late fee on the tenth of each month. Storage fees may be charged to the credit card on file.
12) Governing Law, Jurisdiction, & Venue: This Contract shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California. You agree and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California for all purposes regarding this Contract and further agree and consent that the venue of any action brought hereunder shall be exclusively in the County of Los Angeles. No other venue shall be permitted under any circumstance. Shleppers shall be entitled two times all costs incurred because of breaching this clause.
13) Incidental Damage to Residential Property: The contract and or tariff states that the carrier cannot be held liable or negligent for any damage to the interior or exterior of any residence including, but not limited to walls, floors, ceilings, landscaping, etc. This is known as incidental damage and is supported by Federal guidelines that the shipper should take reasonable precautions with their floors and walls to prevent incidental damage by the movers. It is the responsibility of the shipper, not the moving company, to take all necessary and prudent precautions to protect any flooring or walls that they feel may sustain damage in the ordinary course of a move.
14) Tariff Availability, Terms & Conditions: The Terms & Conditions contained herein are the most commonly used and referenced terms, and are not intended to be complete. Carrier’s Tariff, by reference, is made a part of this agreement and is available for inspection at the Carrier’s facility. Carrier may furnish a copy of the provisions of the tariff governing this shipment upon request.
If you request additional or different services at the time of the move, you may be asked to complete a Change Order which will set forth your agreement to pay for additional fees for those newly requested services. If you agree to the additional charges on that Change Order, those charges may be added to the “NOT TO EXCEED” amount set forth above. If you do not agree other amounts listed in the Change Order, you should not sign it and may refuse the movers’ services. A mover cannot refuse to release your goods once you have paid the “NOT TO EXCEED” amount for the transportation of your goods and personal effects and any additional services that you have agreed to in writing. The “NOT TO EXCEED” amount must be reasonable.A mover cannot, under any circumstances, withhold food, medicine, medical services, and items to treat or assist a disabled person, or items used for a minor child. An unlicensed mover has no right to withhold your goods for any reason, including claims that you have not adequately paid for services rendered.For additional information or to confirm whether a mover is licensed by the Public Utilities Commission, please call the Public Utilities Commission toll free at 1.800.366.4782. You are also hereby provided with a copy of CMSA's Important Information For Persons Moving Household Goods.
The quoted rates are believed to be in accordance with the rates prescribed by the Bureau of Household Goods and Services as published in its Maximum Rate Tariff 4 and are to be applied to the number of hours involved in providing service, to the actual weight, or to the actual number of other units of measures, subject to the designated minimum provisions, unless in conflict with the rates and regulations of that tariff. Copies of the tariff are open for public inspection at the Bureau's offices in Sacramento and at the offices of the carrier shown on this document.
Unless it is specifically and clearly indicated in the Agreement For Service, the NOT TO EXCEED PRICE does not include charges for any accessorial services which may be requested and provided or for which rates are provided in Maximum Rate Tariff 4. That means that unless it is specifically and clearly stated, the NOT TO EXCEED PRICE does not include charges for service including but not limited to appliance servicing, disassembly or reassembly of articles, flight or long carry charges, rigging, hoisting, lowering or elevator charges, shuttle charges, light and bulky article charges, split pick-up and/or delivery charges, storage-in-transit or storage-in transit transportation charges from storage to point of destination, or charges resulting from a failure of shipper to accept delivery as arranged.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NOTE1. Liability shall be provided for firearms legally acceptable under the Federal Gun Control Act of 1968, provided that shipper furnishes to the carrier the caliber, make, and serial number of such firearms and that such firearms are packed by carrier at shipper's expense at charges not more than those shown in Maximum Rate Tariff 4.
NOTE 2. Includes gold, silver, currencies of any kind or amount, and platinum household articles such as silverware, coffee-service sets, trays, candlesticks, and dishes.
NOTICE: PLEASE INSPECT YOUR GOODS PROMPTLY. CLAIMS FOR ANY LOST OR DAMAGED GOODS MUST BE FILED WITH THE MOVER IN WRITING.
CUSTOMER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT THE PROPERTY CONSISTS OF HOUSEHOLD GOODS ONLY AND THAT NO COMBUSTIBLE OR INFLAMMABLE MATERIAL IS INCLUDED.
It is agreed that this document, which includes all of the terms and conditions contained herein, shall be binding or valid, provided, however, that in case of storage in transit, the Warehouse Receipt when issued shall, unless objected to by me within Fifteen !15) days from the mailing ore receipt thereof, constitute the contract of storage between us, and provided further that in case of shipment ,including storage in transit, the Bill of Lading unless objection is made by me at time of issuance there of shall constitute the contract of shipment. All deliveries are C.O.D., unless otherwise clearly specified.
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Your email address
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Job Commencement: Local BINDING PRICE
Agree & Sign