STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS: LONG DISTANCE BINDING PRICE
1) Definition of "Binding Price": This proposal is an estimate based on the items and services detailed on the items list. It is not a guarantee that the actual price will not exceed the amount quoted above and adding or subtracting items or services may change the price of your move. All items must be properly packed, or they will not be moved. Shleppers Moving & Storage reserves the right, at the customer's expense, to re-pack any item not correctly packed by the customer or to deny transporting an item that is improperly packed.
2) Insurance Options for Your Move: By signing these Terms & Conditions, customer/shipper acknowledges that if Full Value Protection is not selected and purchased prior to the move, that the valuation coverage included is the Department of Transportation required valuation of 60 cents ($0.60) PER POUND PER ARTICLE. Customer acknowledges that there are third party insurance providers such as Baker Insurance and MovingInsurance.com through which additional insurance can be obtained, and that Shleppers Moving & Storage shall have no further liability for any reason, beyond this statutory coverage. Customer understands that the reasons for lost or damaged items shall not be factored into any Valuation Coverage claims.
3) Possible Additional Charges:
Pursuant to federal law, Shleppers has advised me; and I acknowledge, that there is the potential for the following additional charges:
- Shuttle truck charge of $1.50 per cubic foot with a minimum of $350.00 if there is no access for a 53 foot tractor trailer.
- Stair charge at destination which is calculated at $0.20 per cubic foot per flight of stairs, with a $75.00 minimum.
- Long carry charge at destination which is calculated at $0.10 per cubic foot per every 100 ft after the first 100 feet.
- Re-Delivery fee of $1.50 per cf minimum $750.00 and overnight waiting fee of $750.00.
4) Disclosure Required by Federal Law:
WARNING: If a moving company loses or damages your goods, there are two different standards for the company's liability based on the types of rates you pay. BY FEDERAL LAW, THIS FORM MUST CONTAIN A FILLED-IN ESTIMATE OF THE COST OF A MOVE FOR WHICH THE MOVING COMPANY IS LIABLE FOR THE FULL (REPLACEMENT) VALUE OF YOUR GOODS in the event of loss of, or damage to, the goods. This form may also contain an estimate of the cost of a move in which the moving company is liable for FAR LESS than the replacement value of your goods, typically at a lower cost to you. You will select the liability level later, on the bill of lading (contract) for your move. Before selecting a liability level, please read "Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move,
" provided by the moving company, and seek further information at the government website www.protectyourmove.gov.
For your information, you should also review the AMSA Houshold Goods Dispute Settlement Program.
Your signature on these terms and conditions confirms your receipt of these
5) Cancellation Policy: Customers are responsible for notifying Shleppers of any changes or cancellations at least 72 hours prior to the first schedule point of the move or your deposit will be forfeited. A cancellation is not considered valid without an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any cancellation within 48 hours of the first schedule point will be subject to a cancellation fee of 20% of the estimated move price or $200, whichever is greater. Cancellations within 24 hours of your move are subject to a fee of 50% of the estimated move price.
6) Payment Information: A $100 deposit is charged upon booking, which is applied to your total job price. Unless other arrangements are made, by default, Shleppers will charge you for 50% of your move on the first day of the pickup, and the balance, excluding any extra charges related to delivery, will be charged when the pickup is completed. The balance of your bill is due upon loading your shipment for delivery. Shleppers Moving & Storage charges a 3.5% processing fee for all electronic payments or payments made by credit card except on the deposit. You may also pay your entire balance on the day of the pickup using cash or certified funds. If payment is not made, you authorize Shleppers Moving & Storage to charge the credit card on file to your account for any amounts due. Credit card payments are non-refundable, and Shleppers may, at its sole discretion, require customers to pay by cash, certified funds, or ACH.
7) Chargeback Abuse: If payment is made by credit card, you hereby agree not to do a chargeback of any payments, and to abide by the dispute resolution programs outlined below. Service complaints, shipment delays, and lost or damaged items are expressly waived as valid reasons for a chargeback. A chargeback shall be considered a breach of this agreement, and you agree to be liable for any outstanding amounts due to Shleppers Moving & Storage in addition to any collection costs the company may incur collecting any balances due, including legal fees, credit card fees, and the time of our employees and owners spent on the matter, as determined at our discretion and in good faith, but not to be less than $500. You also authorize Shleppers Moving & Storage to report your personal information to a database of chargeback abusers, which may affect your credit.
8) Delivery Window: The delivery window in your contract is a target based on our standard service. However, like all moving companies, and to make your move affordable, multiple shipments are combined onto each truck. Accordingly, your final delivery date is subject to many factors that are beyond our control. In the event of late delivery, you will receive compensation of $30/day, starting twenty-one business days after your first available delivery date.
9) Storage Charges: For all long-distance moves, Shleppers provides one month of free storage at one of our facilities. If you require additional storage beyond this complimentary period, you will be billed at a rate of .50 cents per cubic foot/month. Storage is due and billed on the first day of each month. Any unpaid storage balances are assessed a 5% late fee on the tenth of each month. Storage fees may be charged to the credit card on file.
10) Summary of Dispute Settlement Program: We participate in a neutral arbitration program designed to give neither the carrier nor the shipper any special advantage. If a dispute arises between the carrier and the shipper Arbitration may be a mutually beneficial alternative to help resolve the dispute. Our arbitration process is a ‘desk’ arbitration, so it is conducted completely by mail. The arbitration is conducted by a neutral 3rd party organization. A. Applicable costs: Each party is responsible for their own costs associated with arbitration. Each party is responsible for 50% of the costs associated with securing the arbitrator which is $300 so each half is $150 and each party is responsible for 100% of their own expenses, if any, including attorney fees if you need to hire one, but it is not required. B. Legal effects: If the arbitration alternative is chosen, then any decision made by the arbitrator is binding.
11) Claims: If you suffer loss or damages to your household goods during shipment, you may file a claim by contacting our customer service department. Please send your claim request to email@example.com or call to be assisted over the phone.
12) Governing Law, Jurisdiction, & Venue: This Contract shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California. You agree and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California for all purposes regarding this Contract and further agree and consent that the venue of any action brought hereunder shall be exclusively in the County of Los Angeles. No other venue shall be permitted under any circumstance. Shleppers shall be entitled two times all costs incurred because of breaching this clause.
13) Integration: These Terms & Conditions contain the entire understanding and agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous promises, negotiations, representations, or agreements, whether oral or written, with respect to the subject matter hereof. No customer notes may contradict any of the terms and conditions herein, and if there are conflicts between the customer notes and the Terms & Conditions, the customer notes shall be considered invalid and shall be superseded by these Terms & Conditions. This agreement may not be modified except in writing and if signed by both parties.
14) Onsite Acknowledgement: By accepting this proposal, you hereby affirm that you either received or declined to receive a free onsite estimate, unless you are located more than 50 miles from our terminal.
15) Incidental Damage to Residential Property: The contract and or tariff states that the carrier cannot be held liable or negligent for any damage to the interior or exterior of any residence including, but not limited to walls, floors, ceilings, landscaping, etc. This is known as incidental damage and is supported by Federal guidelines that the shipper should take reasonable precautions with their floors and walls to prevent incidental damage by the movers. It is the responsibility of the shipper, not the moving company, to take all necessary and prudent precautions to protect any flooring or walls that they feel may sustain damage in the ordinary course of a move.
It is especially important that you have confirmed that all the information shown during this booking process is correct. A successful move is predicated on having accurate details. THE SHIPPER (OR HIS/HER REPRESENTATIVE) BY HIS/HER SIGNATURE HEREBY ORDERS THE SERVICES OUTLINED HEREIN TO BE PERFORMED ON HIS/HER BEHALF; AND FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ALL ARRANGEMENTS REGARDING CONTACT WHILE EN ROUTE AND/OR AT DESTINATION, METHOD OF PAYMENT, AND NOTIFICATION OF CHARGES ARE AS DESIGNATED BY HIM/HER. Shleppers requires a valid credit card and a $100 deposit to book a move.